I’ve found it difficult to navigate what I should/could be doing to help during this pandemic. Beyond donating money, I want to feel like I’m making some sort of impact. I keep hearing that I’m doing my part by social distancing, but it just doesn’t seem like enough.
If you’re like me and find yourself jumping between news tabs, social media and online shopping, I wanted to put together a guide of places you can support right now to help with what’s going on and relieve some stress with retail therapy.
I also found it incredibly encouraging to see how many of the brands I love are donating a huge part of their profits (when they are already struggling to survive) to relief efforts. It’s also neat to see how quickly some companies have responded and started to produce masks in their warehouses. This is a quick round-up but please let me know if you’ve heard of any brands doing something awesome during this time!
PSA: I’m not recommending anyone spends this time to shop, but I wanted to put together a guide in case you do.
Stay strong, positive and AT HOME please.
- The Reformation – Partnering with City of LA to donate 5 million masks. You can even make a donation for 5 masks directly on their site for those in the most need. SO awesome.
- ARTIZIA – Donating ALL profits to its Community Relief Fund
- Lucky Brand: Donating clothes and sanitary kits
- Everlane: Donating all proceeds from its 100% Human collection to Feeding America’s COVID-19 Response Fund
- Staud Donating 10% of sales to Meals on Wheels and offering 25% off sitewide